Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pick Your Battles  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Ava Lynn

Pick Your Battles
« on: March 20, 2016, 07:10:58 PM »
One thing that has definitely become evident in my "older" years is that it is important to pick your battles. If something happens that drives you insane, weigh the pros and cons of complaining about it before you say a word. Will complaining change anything? Will the world come to an end if you keep quiet? And, who's going to be hurt the most by your complaints? Chances are that if it causes more hurt to gripe about something than it does to let it go, it is not a battle worth fighting about.

Empty Nest Moms

Pick Your Battles
« on: March 20, 2016, 07:10:58 PM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Pick Your Battles
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 08:05:21 AM »
You're absolutely right Ava.  I learned a long time ago to look at the person I'm having an issue with and know there's a story there somewhere.  We have no idea what that person is going through.  Maybe it's trouble at home.  Maybe it's cancer.  Any number of things can affect ones attitude.  Always remember.  WWJD  What would Jesus do? 

Offline Cousins4

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 07:58:30 PM »
I've gone by this motto for years. I started when I had kids. Life is so much easier when you don't argue about everything. Don't sweat the small stuff, almost the same idea. I wish everyone followed this.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 07:58:30 PM »

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 09:56:47 PM »
I have to agree with this! I learned to do this years ago when I worked in a behavior problem unit at several of the local schools here. Had I not picked which battles were worth fighting, I would have been miserable at this job because many of the students would try to torment you just to get attention. However, when I turned some of the situations around and made them more positive, everyone was happier.

Offline High Rise

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 12:16:43 PM »
Yes, life is too short to just go out and randomly try to fix situations or even other people. I have learned that the smaller the battle, the easier it is to win.

Offline Shirley1965

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »
I so agree with everyone here on this! Sometimes it just isn't worth arguing over some things, especially when they really aren't that important in the long run. Do pick and choose your battles!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms