Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A family friend's tragedy  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Peyton45

A family friend's tragedy
« on: January 09, 2016, 10:04:15 AM »
A close family friend just lost her 54-year-old son last night. He was at a friend's house right before New Years and was complaining of stomach pain. By the time they got him to the ER, he fell into a coma. They really aren't sure what happened to him, but they think it might have been an ulcer that erupted. I feel so bad for her because she just lost her husband a year ago. Any suggestions on what I can do for her? I feel very helpless right now.

Empty Nest Moms

A family friend's tragedy
« on: January 09, 2016, 10:04:15 AM »

Offline Kimberly

Re: A family friend's tragedy
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:07:33 AM »
I am extremely sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Spending time with your friend is one of the best ways to help her. The biggest healer is time and as time goes by she will feel less pain. But she will always be grateful to you for the time that you spent with her.

Offline Lynndsey

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »
So very sad. The best that you can do is be available to your friend. Let her know that you are there to talk to and spend time with. Take her dinner so it's one less thing she needs to think about.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 07:43:53 AM »
The grieving process for a son is long and hard.  Time does help but nothing takes away the pain.  Put your arms around her and let her cry.  No words are necessary.  Just be there. 

Offline Peyton45

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 12:58:31 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am going to be there for her, and I know that she knows that, I just don't want to intrude too much. I really like the idea of taking her out to dinner. This might help take her mind off of a few things. Maybe I can get a few of us together later in the week and do this for her.

Offline Camie

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 06:01:17 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss, how awful to lose a child no matter the age.  I agree that being there for her is most important.  Sometimes they do not want to be alone and it would be good for you to talk to her about it.  I have a coworker whose husband just passed away before Christmas.  She said the worst time is when she is at home on a Friday night thinking that she will be alone all weekend.  She tries to make her life as busy as possible so she stops thinking about her loss.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 06:01:17 AM »

Offline Allie

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 06:32:15 AM »
Be present. Love, listen and hold her tight when she needs it most. The loss of a child is so overwhelming. Many times the person pushes people away because they don't know exactly what they need at that moment, except for the one thing you can't give them and that's their child.

Offline Camie

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »
Peyton, how is your friend doing these days?  Have you been spending a lot of time with her?  Is she able to get on with her days without too much pain?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms