Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Starting a Book Club  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Lynndsey

Starting a Book Club
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »
I am thinking of starting a book club in my neighborhood and invite some of my neighbors to join. I think this would be a fun way to catch up as well as meet new people. Any suggestions on what the first book should be? Anyone have experience starting a book club?

Offline MollySloame

Re: Starting a Book Club
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:30:07 AM »
It's a great idea and a nice way to meet people. Having started one myself in the past I have a few tips you may find helpful.

Make the first meeting a chat, coffee, get to know people and what they like to read kind of meeting. You should try to get answers to the following.

Are some members only using e-readers, and others just print? Is there a bookstore or library nearby? What kind of budget is realistic for buying books? How often can you meet? (Which depends on how fast people read.) What happens if someone doesn't read or finish the book?

I found that having one person choose, organise the copies and lead the discussion worked out best. Maybe you could be first?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:30:07 AM »

Offline Peyton45

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 09:25:52 AM »
I love this idea! I have a friend who does this, but she only reads fantasy and I'm not into that, so I don't participate. I really like the idea of asking people first and then getting together for a small meeting, this way you can find out if there is common ground before you get started. Good luck!

Offline Myreality

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 05:30:43 AM »
What a great idea!  Starting a book club is a great way to get to know people in your area.  Word of mouth travels quickly so you may find you end up with a decent turnout.  Have you decided where you want to meet with people, at your home or somewhere nearby.  The first meeting could be to decide what book everyone would like to read.  A friend of mine did this and they met once a month at someone's house.  Each month it would be at a different member's house.

Offline Tango

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 07:14:13 AM »
Go for it, Lynndsey.  I've heard of people having book clubs at work.  They would go for dinner to a different restaurant each time and discuss the latest novel that they were assigned to read.  Good luck with your book club!  Let us know how it goes.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 07:14:13 AM »

Offline mamyk

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 07:27:35 PM »
Book clubs are fantastic.  Meeting people who enjoy reading as much as you is a great way to get to know people.  You could always pick a bestseller of the month and go from there.  Will you have it open to all genres of books?  Everyone could bring a book and some snacks.  Let us know how it goes.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 07:27:35 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms