Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Books to Movies....Like or not?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline SeniorLady

Books to Movies....Like or not?
« on: December 27, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »
First off I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and will have a great New Year!

Just wondered how everyone felt about books being made into movies? Personally I'm not to crazy about it. In fact I've actually stopped reading some of the authors that have books that almost always are made into movies.

For some reason they just don't seem as good as the book to me and I've noticed on some they really change things up a lot. If you haven't read the book first then you don't know the difference so it doesn't matter, which is why I've stopped reading some that I know will probably make a movie.

Any one else feel the same here?

Offline Lyndish

Re: Books to Movies....Like or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 10:39:41 AM »
I try to remember that film and book are completely different and not associate the two, because what works in one medium doesn't in another. It can be annoying though. The BBC Cadfael series was good when I watched it, but when I finally read the books I suddenly realised how many liberties had been taken.

I don't know if you've caught it but there's a youtube series, Lost in Adaptation, which goes into the differences between book and film. There's some adult language, but it is one of my guilty pleasures.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 10:39:41 AM »

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:57:46 AM »
A movie will definitely be a shorter version of the book, in my opinion. If I heard it right, I think there is a book that came before the TV series 'Game of Thrones.' It must be a really good read.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:06:43 AM »
I always, always read the book before I see the movie.  So much is left out of the movie that if you don't read the book, you just get the watered down version and miss all of the feelings and emotions that go on silently in print.  The only movie that I have ever seen that is just about word for word with the book is "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis.  You could just about follow along in the book. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:06:43 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms