Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Moving into the bathroom  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Tango

Moving into the bathroom
« on: December 11, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »
Seems like I spend a lot of time in the bathroom with my bladder issues.  I mentioned it to the doctor and he said it was one of the symptoms of my menopause.  Great, hot flashes, weight gain and constantly looking for a washroom.  Just what I needed in my almost senior years.

Empty Nest Moms

Moving into the bathroom
« on: December 11, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »

Offline Bakersdozen

Re: Moving into the bathroom
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 12:09:29 AM »
Hello Tango,

I can totally understand what you are going through. To be honest I do think some doctors have a bad habit of writing off everything older women experience as age or hormone related, at least that was my experience. I have been trying out complementary therapies and medicines for a while, and found some of them helpful.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 07:39:09 AM »
Menopause just isn't fun Tango.  I tried an OTC supplement when I was going through it called "Estroven."  It's an all natural herbal capsule and helped me a great deal with many of the symptoms.  Ask your pharmacist if you can't find it and let us know how it works.  Hang in there.  You're among friends.   :cute group hug:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 07:39:09 AM »

Offline Myreality

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 06:55:12 AM »
Your post reminds me of a lady I work with who is constantly going to the bathroom.  She had a procedure done that was supposed to help but only made it worse.  She plans out her stops when she has long drives to visit her children.  It's really too bad we women get all these issues later in life.

Offline mamyk

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 09:19:57 PM »
I've noticed I do visit the ladies room a little more often now that I'm older.  I'm not sure if it's part of menopause or just plain old age and things wearing out in our bodies?  I actually had my blood sugar levels checked because I was going more than usual.  My sugar levels were fne.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 09:19:57 PM »

Offline Juniperdreams

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 10:58:22 PM »
I second what Bakersdozen said - it is worth checking out some alternative medicine therapies. I swear by acupuncture for pretty much everything, even though I'm not much of a fan of needles.

Offline Lynndsey

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 01:22:31 AM »
I am going through many of those same symptoms. Very annoying but I gather just a part of life. I am also looking at alternative therapies to help with the symptoms.

Offline Frozen Toes

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 02:26:40 PM »
Hello Tango,

To be honest I do think some doctors have a bad habit of writing off everything older women experience as age or hormone related, at least that was my experience.

I completely agree with this. One time (and I was in my thirties at the moment), a doctor wrote off my chest pains as a symptom of getting older. Chest Pains!! In my thirties!! I guess that's what we have to look forward to when consulting doctors that look like they're barely in their twenties!

Offline Cousins4

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 01:58:18 PM »
Oh boy... I see I have great things to look forward to. I haven't started yet. I am ready to stop getting my period but I'm not ready for hot flashes and frequent trips to the bathroom.

Offline Farren

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 08:14:32 AM »
I had the same issue and it turned out that I had irritable bowel syndrome. Stress triggered it and the only way to get rid of it was to de-stress. So that's what I did - meditate and take less stress in everything that I did. It worked and I am much better now.

Offline Allie

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
Oh boy... I see I have great things to look forward to. I haven't started yet. I am ready to stop getting my period but I'm not ready for hot flashes and frequent trips to the bathroom.

Cousins4, I remember how happy I was when my cycle stopped and I didn't have to wear sanitary pads anymore. Just this past week my bladder issues  worsened and I had to start buying bladder protection pads. I remember putting the first one on and thinking, "Ugh, I never thought I 'd have to do this again."

Offline momof3boys

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »
While I'm not menopausal yet I have over active bladder and take medicine for it. It does help somewhat. I don't understand why your doctor won't offer you some sort of relief?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms