Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On going back to school...  (Read 1888 times)

Offline DonnaReMe

On going back to school...
« on: November 30, 2015, 11:43:45 AM »
I'm in my early 50's and never got to finish college (having started my family in my teens.)  So that is what I do for "fun."  I think many women my age are finding ways to reinvent themselves and this is mine.  I have adapted surprisingly well to collegiate life - I even went on Study Abroad in Europe just like any other college kid!

But for those who already have their degree and aren't interested in pursuing another, something to consider is that (at least in my state) you can attend state universities tuition free at age 62. Now I am 10 years younger than that, and don't want to wait that long, so I'm paying for my tuition. But if you're in that age group, you can attend classes for free which is a great deal.  You can audit the classes if you aren't seeking a degree and just enjoy learning something new and stimulating your mind without the stress of worrying about exams, assignments or grades.  There are usually one or two of these older auditors in most of my classes.  I would totally do that it if I was 62!

Empty Nest Moms

On going back to school...
« on: November 30, 2015, 11:43:45 AM »

Offline Primrose

Re: On going back to school...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »
That's awesome Donna.  I would totally do that too.  I have taken several classes at the community college just for fun but to actually go back on a college and take a class or two for free sounds like the ultimate pleasure.  :)

Offline pandora

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »
I have thought about going back to get my degree, but it's not something I can do right at this moment. I went to college in my mid-thirties and ended up having to drop out after two years due to a divorce. I've regretted that ever since.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline Peyton45

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 12:08:17 PM »
That sounds like so much fun! I never knew that you can audit a class like that when you are a certain age. I thoroughly believe in keeping your mind active by learning new things and what better way to do that than to attend a college class just for fun. I am very close to this age and may look into this in a few years.

Offline mamyk

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 08:53:18 PM »
That's wonderful, DonnaReMe, good for you.  I'd like to go back to school and take something I'm really interested in.  I too, because of circumstances and family, went to work instead of going to get a degree.  When I was a little bit younger I regretted it but now I realize and accept that there were good reasons why I didn't.  At least I can take heart in my children having the means and the opportunity to do what I didn't. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 08:53:18 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms