Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Don't sweat the small stuff!  (Read 2549 times)

Offline SeniorLady

Don't sweat the small stuff!
« on: September 19, 2015, 03:03:07 PM »
A lot of 'little' things that use to bother me don't seem to anymore. I've come to the conclusion that life is just to short to worry about all the small stuff. If something doesn't get done right away then so be it! Enjoy life, go and do things now and don't worry if the house needs to be cleaned, it can wait a few more hours same goes for all those other little things you seemed to think had to be done before you could go out and have some fun! 

Empty Nest Moms

Don't sweat the small stuff!
« on: September 19, 2015, 03:03:07 PM »

Offline Darlene56

Re: Don't sweat the small stuff!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:48:20 PM »
I totally agree with this SeniorLady. This is exactly how I try to live my life now. I spent so many years worry about the house being a certain way, and getting all this stuff done before I went to bed every night, that I missed out on a lot of things that had to do with my kids growing up. This is a lesson that I wish I would have learned sooner, because I can't get those missed memories back again.

Offline shayn

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »
I tell myself this too but it's easier said than done. I'm going through some changes right now at work. My boss just left and all of his work was pushed onto me. I'm trying to take it day by day but it's not easy. In reality my work life is just a small part of my life.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »

Offline Shel45

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
Great advice for sure. It is easier to do now too. When I was younger, I stressed over everything. As I age, little things don't bother me at all. It's something we all need to learn.

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 06:37:28 PM »
I am getting better at this but I'm not there yet. It's hard to not stress over small things all the time. Sometimes small things don't seem small at the time. It is something that I am working on.

Offline Tango

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 05:48:56 AM »
I am starting to work towards not sweating little things.  It's not always easy but I try.  Why do we need to have a spotless house all the time?  The kids aren't around making messes so it doesn't really get that messy.  The grass doesn't need to be manicured all the time.  If I want that dessert I'm going to eat it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 05:48:56 AM »

Offline Primrose

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 07:45:52 AM »
I am starting to work towards not sweating little things.  It's not always easy but I try.  Why do we need to have a spotless house all the time?  The kids aren't around making messes so it doesn't really get that messy.  The grass doesn't need to be manicured all the time.  If I want that dessert I'm going to eat it!

Good for you Tango.  I've solved the house cleaning problem by hiring someone to do it for me.  To me it's worth every penny.  Hubby had done the same thing with the yard.  We are trying to enjoy every minute now.  :)

Offline mamyk

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 09:33:10 PM »
I'd like to hire someone just for the dusting!  It gets dusty within two days in our house and I just can't keep on top of it.  Maybe the toilets too, I hate that job.  Funny how you age and suddenly realize that it really doesn't matter whether have everything sparkly clean.

Offline Allie

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 08:31:34 PM »
Well, I'm afraid I am just the opposite of the rest of you. I used to take things a day at a time, confident that things would work out in the end. Now as I get older I find myself stressing over the least little thing. Oh, well, there's one in every crowd!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 08:31:34 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms