Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Joys of Menopause! (not!)  (Read 7488 times)

Offline CorrieM

The Joys of Menopause! (not!)
« on: August 25, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »
I guess I have been going through this for a while now, just didn’t want to admit it. I’ve felt the hot flashes creeping up on me a few times (not fun at all!) not to mention the mood swings. You know, all happy one minute then ready to bite someone’s head off the next. LOL It also seems that my hair is thinning just a bit on the sides, I won’t go bald will I!? So much for growing old gracefully.

For those here that have been going through this for a while, is there anything else I can look forward to? I’ve talked with a few women older then me and they haven’t really been bothered with anything, lucky them! Maybe for some it’s just easier to go through or they just don’t get a boat load of symptoms that are really noticeable?

Is there a certain length of time to expect this to last or maybe it’s just different for everyone?

Just wondered what some of you other ladies here that are going through this have done? I saw my doctor and she mentioned she could put me on estrogen meds but not sure if I want to go that route or not. I’m wondering if I might just try some of the over the counter stuff they have out now a days. Anyone tried them? Did they work?

Is a special diet any help at all?  I would love to hear comments from some of you going through this as to what you did or didn’t do and how long it took when you realized you were pretty much through it. (you do get through it, right?)

Empty Nest Moms

The Joys of Menopause! (not!)
« on: August 25, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »

Offline amsmomm

Re: The Joys of Menopause! (not!)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:58:41 PM »
I think I might be starting menopause too. I'm not sure though. I get hot very often. I also am so moody and it seems like my emotions are all over the place.

Offline CorrieM

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:05:46 PM »
Oh yes the mood swings are something else. I think for now I'm going to ask my pharmacist what some of the better OTC meds are best and just give one a try. If one doesn't work well I'll try a few more just to test them out. Someone did mention that you might have to give them a month or so to get into your system. Wish me luck! Oh and thanks for your reply.  :039: 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:05:46 PM »

Offline shayn

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »
I am starting this too. I don't want to try any meds. I'm trying to deal with menopause the natural way. I'm having horrible hot flashes at night. So far they haven't hit me during the day. I really hope that I go through this change of life quickly.

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 07:21:46 PM »
I'm curious to know more about the "natural" way to deal with menopause. Care to share more information on this? I don't want to take hormones so if there is anything else out there, I'd love to know.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 07:21:46 PM »

Offline Cassandra

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 03:16:51 PM »
I am expecting to start going through menopause very soon; although I'm not really sure when it will kick in... Should I be worried? Does it have the same effect on everyone?

Offline Abigail

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 03:54:09 PM »
I have gone through it all. I have always been against taking any hormones or supplements when dealing with menopause. I just let it pass naturally. Believe me, the effects are just temporary; well, at least in my case they were.

Offline Tango

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 06:23:54 AM »
My doctor suggested something when I mentioned the hot flashes and I told him I didn't want to be medicated.  I live with the symptoms and they come and go pretty quickly.  I don't have the usually moodiness which is great!  I haven't had any night hot flashes that I remember, only during the day.

Offline pandora

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 02:40:03 PM »
I've been going through menopause for 3-4 years at least. I'm at the point now where I miss several periods at a time. I have to admit that I'm not unhappy that I've only had 2 periods this year so far! However, I never heard about the creepy-crawly sensations that can happen. That started for me this past spring and I thought I was going crazy and feeling invisible bugs!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 09:21:28 AM »
I guess I'm lucky to not have had most of the symptoms but I didn't know that you gain weight. My doctor told me around 10 pounds...but I bought a resistance home gym piece of equipment on QVC a month ago and most of that weight has gone! I still have a bit more weight I want to lose though.

Offline Tango

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 03:47:28 PM »
It's funny how menopause is different for everyone.  There are days when I don't even feel any hot flashes.  Pandora, I've had that creepy-crawly sensation that happens to the back of my head, feels like my hair stands up on end.

Offline Myreality

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 05:54:32 AM »
I've just begun this crazy step of life.  The hot flashes come at the weirdest times.  I'll be in a meeting and suddenly feel myself heating up.  I seem to swing from good mood to bad in an instant and biting my tongue so I don't snap at anyone.  My husband gets mid-life crisis and I get hot flashes, where's the fairness in that!

Offline Primrose

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 06:58:21 AM »
I still have this to go through.  I have been talking to my mom to find out what to expect.  Also some of my older friends advise not to eat spicy foods and stay away from caffeine.  I've also heard that OTC "Estroven" works well.  It's an all natural remedy.  I can't wait.   :dunno:

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 08:09:35 AM »
It is funny how all women go through this differently and at different times. Our grandson's school had a Veterans Day thing at their school the other day and it was in the gym which is always a little warmer (or cooler depending on the time of year). Although I'm pretty through menopause now I still feel the 'heat' a lot more then I use to. I was fanning myself with the programs they passed out and was looking around and noticed others were doing the same and guess what.......they were ALL women! Go figure.  :dunno: 

Offline pandora

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »
I didn't even think of weight gain as a menopause symptom. I thought my thyroid had become worse, but perhaps it's not that after all. I have an appointment to do a work-up and check, but it could very well be menopause that has caused my recent weight gain.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms