Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Menopause and hot, humid weather  (Read 7054 times)

Offline Camie

Menopause and hot, humid weather
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:38:40 AM »
We've been experiencing a heat wave with high humidity.  I've been having hot flashes and can not believe how painful it is when you are already sweating!  Makes me feel like my face is on fire.  During normal temperatures it doesn't bother me as much.  Anyone else feel their hot flashes are worse in hot humid weather?

Empty Nest Moms

Menopause and hot, humid weather
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:38:40 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Menopause and hot, humid weather
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:29:28 AM »
You bet Camie.  Hot humid weather plus hot flashes is just the pits.  I'm done with menopause but still sometimes I'll fire up just out of the clear blue.  I believe you could roast a hotdog on my skin during those times.  Ice water and fans work pretty well till I cool down. 

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 06:33:22 AM »
Ugh! I don't envy you. I get hot flashes too but so far they aren't too bad. The humid weather is already a killer on me for other medical reasons. I don't even want to think about dealing with hot flashes on top of it. What do you do to help?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 06:33:22 AM »

Offline Camie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:17:07 PM »
It seems to be worse at night and we do not have an air conditioner.  We are going through a hot spell again.  It's not as bad this time, thank goodness.  My friend told me her hot flashes go through different phases.  Painfully hot, warm flush or not at all.  Has anyone noticed this?

Offline shayn

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:27:40 PM »
Oh boy! I know how you feel. I'm experiencing hot flashes too and it's super hot out. The joys of being a woman. I swear someone should make an ice pack bra. I'd buy it for sure.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:27:40 PM »

Offline Cousins4

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 03:53:55 PM »
How long does this junk go on for? I started getting hot flashes almost six months ago. It's cooler out here this weekend so I am getting a little relief! The humidity killed me this summer, especially at night!

Offline breanne

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »
I think it's different for everyone.  My mother-in-law had hot flashes for years.  I certainly hope mine are quick and don't last long.  The doctor said I could take hormone replacement so it wouldn't be so bad.

Offline CarrieP

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 10:35:16 AM »
I am past menopause too, but I remember those hot summer nights were killer on me. Plus my husband is always cold, so I could never have the air conditioner on during the night. I remember spending most nights taking cold showers just to get some relief. Mine symptoms lasted a few years and every so often they seem to flare up again.

Offline Myreality

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 08:11:58 PM »
I hope mine goes quickly, I can't imagine years of this.  I like the idea of an ice pack bra, shayn.  Maybe you should create one and sell it online!  You'd probably make a small fortune from all of us.

Offline breanne

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 08:21:21 PM »
Do they sell those cool gels for your bra?  That would be something that would sell to all of us menopausal women.  I have a little mini fan at my desk that I can turn on when I get hot flashes.

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 07:57:18 PM »
It's been cold here but the hot flashes have been horrible. I wish they did sell some kind of cooling pad for bras. I literally feel like I could strip down to nothing just to cool off.

Offline mamyk

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 06:06:53 AM »
This seems like a popular topic for most members.  I started having hot flashes years ago and it's slowing down now.  My husband says my face turns red like a tomato when it happens!  I find I'm losing hair at a fast pace now and blame it on the hormone levels.  Growing old can be a pain!

Offline Frozen Toes

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 07:00:06 AM »
I find I'm losing hair at an fast pace now and blame it on the hormone levels.  Growing old can be a pain!

Is that what that is!? I've been losing hair too and had no idea it could be tied to menopause. I'm certainly going to look that up. Thanks for mentioning it!

Offline mamyk

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 08:10:35 AM »
Frozen Toes, because there is a lower amount of estrogen and progesterone in your body it may cause your hair to thin or fall out in spots.  It is part of menopause that some women suffer from.  Mine is a hereditary one, my mother and grandmother both lost hair after early menopause.

Offline Ava Lynn

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 10:20:39 PM »
I have noticed my hair on my legs does not grow back nearly as quickly as it used to. I don't know if it is because I taken medications for my diabetes or if it's just early menopause coming on. However, I started having hot flashes when I was around 28 shortly after my daughter was born. My OBGYN told me that because I had a tubal ligation, I could go into menopause early. But yet, my monthly visitor still comes almost 15 years later.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 10:20:39 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms