Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any single moms who are wondering What's Next for your life?  (Read 2546 times)

Offline pameladale

Hi,

So excited to be here.

Are you a little lost or confused about your life and next steps as the nest is or has been emptied....
You are not the same person you were when you were 20 and now wonder what to do next?

How are you redesigning your life or what do you need to know to get started now that you have a little more time and head space to do so?

I would love to know how you are and or what you think you would need to move forward with your lives.
Thank you,
Pamela

Empty Nest Moms

Offline Elizabeth

Re: Any single moms who are wondering What's Next for your life?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »
Hi pameladale, welcome to the board. I'm not single myself but do have a close friend who is. I know when her last one left for college she felt really lost. She's been single for several years so it has been just her and her kids (ex wasn't around much).

She has started doing better now. She actually went back to school, sorta. Took a couple classes that were of interest to her and worked on her 'social' life some. Meeting friends for dinner and such. She mostly lived her life around the kids.

Hang in there and keep us posted. I'm sure there will be some more singles popping in soon so keep checking back. Meanwhile there are many other post for you to read and reply to!  :039:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 03:38:43 PM »
Hi, I've been single for awhile and divorced for 11 years. Both my kids are out of the house..my son is somewhere out West and my daughter has been living in Spain for 3 years now. For the past 3 summers, she comes home for a visit which of course is wonderful, just very hard for awhile when she leaves to go back to her life in Spain. She's leaving next Tuesday...less than a week. :-( My mind goes from being positive to realizing that at this time next week, I'll be alone again. This summer is alot better because I'm finally an official part time public school teacher..(I'm enjoying my 1st summer off in years from working!?, I joined a women's local meet up group, and I've actually joined a couple online dating sites....nothing great in that area yet!? So I guess I go back and forth in my feelings. This time with my daughter home, I"ve been able to accomplish many big projects with her help! We painted the front of my house and cleaned out a good portion of things in my house! I give the stuff to my sister and she takes them to Salvation Army to donate!! Right now I'm cleaning out my garage. It feels like it's been a huge "nesting" thing so I'm thinking that perhaps I'm making room for someone to come into my life!  :13:  We have also been doing a lot of sewing together! We each made a quilt out of our t-shirts! After having so much fun with her...doing the traditional things together like going to restaurants, playing mini golf, going to the beach, I will miss all of those fun times together. At the same time I'm so happy for her to be going back to her home in Spain! She and her boyfriend have been together for almost 6 years, they just moved into a new apartment in Southern Spain, they are both starting new jobs, and he has asked me for my opinion about the "wedding ring" (engagement ring!?) that he is going to choose and give to her next month!!! She has no clue that he is going to propose to her...I so wish I could be there for the occasion but his family lives in Spain, so they will be there for me!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 03:38:43 PM »

Offline Jordan34

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:07:27 PM »
I went through this a few years ago. I'm now happily in a relationship again. I am loving life and enjoying our new ventures. We do a lot of new to us things. It was really hard at first though.

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »
Thanks, [size=78%]I'd like to be in a relationship but what I've been told is that I've been too analytical about the guys that I went on a first date with but wouldn't want to go on a second date with.  I'm wondering if I'm looking at this all the wrong way. Perhaps I'm thinking I should just go on a date and a second date just to have fun and to get to know the guy without sending him packing after the first date. Any other thoughts would be wonderful! I know I will miss the companionship of my daughter when she leaves next Tuesday morning...I will do my best at keeping myself busy especially the first few days when I'm home alone[/size] :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »
Hi Neale (nvgt16) Saw  your post on FB. Glad your daughter got back to Spain safely and are you still at the beach? :) Hope you are enjoying  yourself. I know you miss  your daughter going back but sounds like you are handling things a lot better then in the beginning. About that dating thing. Maybe you should just go out more then once just to have a good time. Just let what happens happen. Unless of course he is just a big bore and  you don't think you could take a second date! Good luck in that area. Oh and nice that you have your part time teaching job! You've wanted that for a long time...........Take care now and keep us posted on the dating scene. :13: 

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
Hi, I'm relieved too...so glad that she didn't miss her flight and that she's back with her boyfriend! I can't say this on fb just in case she were to see it but she doesn't know that her boyfriend Adrian is going to propose to her this month!!!!  He asked me for help in choosing the right "wedding ring" (engagement ring!?) for her! I miss her so much but I've been through this before and will have to go through it every year about this time.I'm trying to keep myself busy..mind, body, and soul.It's just so much more fun to do things with her but I know that she's moving on and so must I, just have to keep telling my mind that!! She helped me so much this summer from painting the front of my house, a kitchen wall, cleaning out the house...over 400 pounds of trash plus loads of stuff that my sister took, to cleaning our and organizing my garage. So now I have a neat little workshop in my garage! I'm starting to work on projects..repaired  my kids old rocking chair and craft projects plus my cats can go out in the garage so hopefully no mice in the garage this winter. About dating, you're so right, I've been told that I analyze the guys too much and just go have a good time and also to go on a second date when the opportunity comes...already turned down a guy this spring...I'm learning! I miss having the companionship of Lauren..someone in my home with me. Thanks about the job! I don't go back until August 31st, 1st summer that I'm not working! I do love my job especially finally being a public school teacher like my mom and sister! Thanks to Lauren I'm starting a new exercise program and eating healthier foods...I started Blogilates...I have a beginner calendar which tells me what activities to do and they are all online so I've learned to take the time off to do this for me. I'm trying new recipies  that Lauren cooks...like a stir fried broccoli with peanut sauce served with rice...awesome! How are you doing? How is Florida?

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms