Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Counseling  (Read 3311 times)

Offline labryan

Counseling
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »
How many of you have gone this route I'm considering it as I'm just sinking

Empty Nest Moms

Counseling
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »

Offline Peyton45

Re: Counseling
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 10:07:02 AM »
I haven't gone this route labryan, but I'm sure some people have. I was lucky enough to have a good support in place after my kids left with other family members and friends. I'm sorry that you feel like you are sinking. If you are feeling this unhappy, I'm sure there are great counselors that will be able to help you through this. It's worth a try at least. Let us know if you decide to go and how it works out for you. Of course you can always chat with us on here, there are a lot of great people that you can talk with and ask questions to.

Offline labryan

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »
I thinks that's one of my biggest problem s is that I really don't have any one to talk to. I need to know what to do with all of these emotions. There are so many that have it so much worse than me that I don't really talk about it. Been that way my whole life do maybe that's what I'm here  I worked 3pmto2am for 4 years watched my newborn grandaughter from 7am to 2pm and homeschoold the last two kids well really guided them the last two years of high school they we're very self sufficient. I made dinner every day and did households chores. No help from husband he did outside stuff but kids have always helped. Last year daughter moved out and now I'm getting no help so I quit cooking because I would come home and have to also clean up and put everything away and I quit picking up after dh and ds  it got messy  Now my husband is all righteous about Monday is his cleaning day. He does his laundry because I quit doing that and he cleans the kitchen and bathroom and vacuums sorta lol and if I should happen to leave a bill on the counter it gets thrown In a box or something on my desk that us driving me crazy just leave it alone I've cleaned up after myself for over 26 years of marriage and I still do but if it's there on Monday watch out. During f the week nothing is touched  by him What do I do with that. I feel like everything I've done for all these years is is something I just can't come up worth the right  word. And there are so many other situation right now that have me frustrated and yoy cant say anything because he is right and I am wrong and i just dont get it.  I know this sounds petty and there's more history that goes with that but there's a nugget. Do I just get excited because I know on Mondays for a few more months I don't see this lasting that the kitchen will be clean? ? Life....

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »

Offline momof3boys

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 06:58:42 PM »
I'm considering it but we only have one vehicle right now so transportation is hard. I went to the doctors about a month back and was put on medicine. I was really having troubles with anxiety and then sometimes I think depression. We're all here for you if you need to vent.  :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Blyle62

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:42:20 PM »
I've also had a problem with anxiety over the past few years. I noticed that the older I got and especially when my kids left, it got worse. I am also on medication for this problem, because I was having such a hard time readjusting to being pretty much all by myself. My husband has always had a job where he had to travel, so he has never really been around too much. It sounds like to me labryan, that counseling wouldn't be a bad idea for you and your husband. It seems like you guys have some things that need to be worked out.

Offline Myreality

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »
There is nothing wrong with counseling and I think it's the best way to get what you feel out there.  This person is impartial and will listen to what you say.  The counselor also makes a good sounding board for you and your husband.  Even if your husband doesn't go, it would be good for you to get everything out.  Counseling can teach you techniques to learn how to relax and worry less.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »

Offline Lynndsey

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »
I considered it as well when my daughter left. I decided to immerse myself in my hobbies and that has helped somewhat. I am waiting to see how I feel after the holidays and will make an appointment in January if I need to. Counseling is definitely helpful and have used it many times in my life.

Offline Farren

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »
I didn't feel the need for counseling since I have a very supportive community in the area that I live in. There are quite a few moms who are staying alone after their kids left and I spend time with them. It helps to be around such people. Besides I am a writer and all that I feel comes out in a beautiful manner in my books.

Offline Tango

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »
Counseling is a good place to start Labryan.  I have a few friends who have gone to therapy over the years and swear it's done them a lot of good.  It gives you the skills to cope with this time of your life.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 07:26:55 AM »
I go to church regularly and feel no need of counseling. If you believe then you know that whatever happens happens for the good and you will get what has been ordained for you. I feel that I am blessed and am happy for what I have. No regrets.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 07:26:55 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms