Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My dad has early dementia started  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Juniper54

My dad has early dementia started
« on: February 03, 2015, 01:40:48 PM »
My father is in his early 70's and still lives at home with my mother. She just called me to let me know that she took my father to the doctors last week for a check up and she got a call today letting her know that he has the onset of early dementia started. She's very worried that she will no longer be able to care for him and she wants to know what I think she should do. Has anyone else here ever experienced anything like this? Did you help take care of your family member or did you have to place them in a nursing home?

Empty Nest Moms

My dad has early dementia started
« on: February 03, 2015, 01:40:48 PM »

Offline amsmomm

Re: My dad has early dementia started
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:25:56 PM »
My grandfather went through this. My dad moved in with them for the last three months of his life. It was horrible! Gramps got really mean as the dementia got worse. Good luck!

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »
This happened to my dad.  Being very independent people, mom took care of him as long as she could.  When it became evident she was no longer able to do so, we helped her put him in a nursing home.  By that time, he was having mini strokes and was just not my dad.  My brother and I both lived too far away to give daily help so this was the best plan for him.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »

Offline Camie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:23:17 PM »
That is really sad.  I've know a couple of people who've gone through this and I know it's not easy.  It is not easy for family members and will be difficult for your mom as he progresses with this disease.  She will need a lot of support and may end up having to put him in a constant care home.  There comes a point where they need to be watched constantly or they wander off, eat something they shouldn't or do something they shouldn't. 

Offline shayn

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:34:11 PM »
I'm sorry. It stinks getting older. I hope that he is able to stay home for as long as he can. Safety is the key factor. As the disease progresses, he may need to go into a home.

Offline Tango

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 06:29:10 AM »
That is really sad, Juniper54.  I've seen a friend of ours go through this.  It's alright to care for them at home as long as you are able to keep watch over them.  Once they start disappearing on you or no longer listen to you, it may be time to put them in a home.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 06:29:10 AM »

Offline breanne

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 08:29:51 AM »
Early dementia or late dementia is never easy to deal with.  I think my father-in-law is going through this as well.  He would never say that he has it because he has this strong personality and thinks he's always right.  There are signs that show up, like forgetting things or buying things he doesn't need and not remembering why he bought it.  There are also the personality changes that are hard to deal with.  It's not Alzheimer's but more like parts of the brain shutting off.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 08:29:51 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms