Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: We had a celebration  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Sharon

We had a celebration
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:10:54 AM »
My husband and I went to our niece's memorial service this past weekend.  Her name was Scarlett and she was almost 4 years old.  She was born with major birth defects because of lack of oxygen during her delivery, but in spite of that, she made an amazing impact on those who knew her during her few short years of life. 

During the last year of her life she was able to attend a special school that dealt with children with disabilities, and in time, everyone in that school knew Scarlett and many came to care very much for her.  Now, this is a little girl who couldn't talk, or walk on her own, or even feed herself, but she had a smile that would light up the whole room.  The people who had the most to say about her at the service were the ones from her school, even the bus drivers had stories to tell about Scarlett. 

It was definitely a celebration of a little spirit that grew, and learned, and did what the doctors said she wouldn't...she walked!  At our table was a picture of Scarlett, smiling from ear to ear and, with the aid of a walker, she was walking, and joy was written all across her face.  Before the walker, she was in a wheel chair, but once the walker was introduced and she learned how to use it, she walked wherever she wanted to go. 

Her little body started shutting down in July, and by the middle of August, she was gone.  Gone from here but ever present with the Lord.  Now, her body is perfect, and she can talk for the first time in her life and she's probably running all over Heaven right now.  At least, that's what I believe.  The only sorrow I feel is for the suffering I know she had to go through.  Now that the suffering is over, I'll focus on the joy she brought to other and celebrate her life. :tinypinkflowers:

Empty Nest Moms

We had a celebration
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:10:54 AM »

Offline MyBabyLeft

Re: We had a celebration
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:08 AM »
Sharon-I'm so sorry you have lost such a beautiful soul. Sometimes the most handicapped of people are the ones who inspire us to greatness simply by watching them try their best to do things everyone else does every day. Hugs to you and your family.

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »
So sorry to hear about your precious niece. I too believe that she is running free and happy in Heaven. I'm glad you 'celebrated' her life what she managed to achieve in her short life despite what the doctors said. A big hug to you.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »

Offline Sharon

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
Thank you so much and I really appreciate the hugs.  Scarlett had the best life that she could possibly have in her condition.  Her mom and dad are amazing parents and she has an older sister who simply adored her.  Her life was so full because of the love they poured into her.  I'm just glad we were able to attend the service and offer support and encouragement to them.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »
I bet that was a really nice ceremony and so glad you could make it. It does sound like she was really loved and I know she must of felt it too. I'm sure she will be missed by all.

Offline lonelymom

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
Sharon, that was beautiful.  I won't offer my condolences because you have the best possible outlook I could imagine.  Someday, she'll come skipping up to you when you arrive home, too, and you'll be able to hear her tell you how much she loves you.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »

Offline Sharon

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:34:51 AM »
That sure would be wonderful if that happened, LonelyMom.  However, she didn't really know me because we lived in different cities and the last time we were actually together was before she was able to go to school.  What I've shared is what I learned from hearing the stories of those who interacted with her everyday.   There was also a slide show that told the story of her life from birth to her last days in a hospice facility.  Needless to say there were very few dry eyes in the place after that.  But one day we will get to know each other...very well.   :039:

Offline Joan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 03:06:13 AM »
My heart goes out to your family. The loss still must be overwhelming, even with trying to keep up the celebratory spirit. That little girl must have brought so many moments of joy. I hope she had triple the ones she brought.

Offline Denae

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
Thank you for sharing that with us Sharon. She sounded like a wonderful little girl who touched many hearts. I'm so sorry though for your loss and her families loss too. You just never know! I'm glad that she walked - she was a determined little girl.

Offline Joan

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
It must be so difficult to live with such a wonderful young child, knowing her little life is going to be so short. I'm sure she brought you much joy and even more sadness. Words cannot express all the emotions, I'm sure.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms