Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Losing a Child  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Kidless

Losing a Child
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
Losing a child is the most difficult event I have ever experienced.  It's been 6 years now but I miss him every single day.  I hope none of you will ever have a similar experience.  No one should out live their children.  Expecting a brighter day!

Empty Nest Moms

Losing a Child
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Losing a Child
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »
Hi Kidless, you are right, it is a parent's worse nightmare. I guess you haven't read any of my other post in this topic as we lost our youngest son back in Feb. of this year and it was and still is very devastating. Getting through all the holidays is and will be really hard. His birthday was on the 23rd, he would have been 44. Sorry to hear about your lost, I know it must have been hard on you and your family. All you can really do is to just keep going forward and getting use to all the adjustments that you seem to have to keep making.

Offline FlewAway

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »
I had several miscarriages and a still birth before we were finally blessed with our daughter. Even though the emotional pain was intense it cannot compare to raising a child for a number of years and then losing them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »

Offline dananodler

• Dana
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:04:14 PM »
Kidless and Jeanie, I am so sorry for both of your losses, I think the loss of a child would or could literally take me under. You two must have had amazing faith, awesome friends that loved and supported you and that yall are both super STRONG women. God bless you both as you are feeling your feelings and thinking about your children. How did you both survive this kind of loss? :tinypinkflowers:   

Offline Robin

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »
Oh, Kidless, it breaks my heart to even think of how you must feel. No one can begin to understand this kind of loss other than those who have experienced it. I have a good friend who lost her son when he was in his early 20s. That was hard enough just being the friend with the shoulder. I can't imagine what you've gone through.

Offline AndisMom

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 03:50:22 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this from both of you. It's heartbreaking. We just got back from a funeral for a neighborhood girl who committed suicide at 13 years of age. I cannot fathom the pain that has to come from losing a child, even one of advanced age. I know life hands us some challenges sometimes but this has to be one of the worst.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 03:50:22 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 05:33:01 AM »
The pain of a broken heart is real.  My sympathy to you all that have lost a child.  That has to be the worst heartbreak of all. 

Offline JanetFaye

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:01:12 AM »
This is one of those thoughts we won't let ourselves even have. I just can't imagine. One of my friends lost her teen daughter. She went around the house turning photos around or taking them down off the wall. She couldn't bear to look at them. It was hard enough to watch her heart breaking. I can't fathom what she has gone through.

Offline Denae

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 07:40:23 AM »
I am very sorry to hear about both of your losses. I cannot even imagine. It is not something that I am even willing to think about. Parents should never outlive their children! My heart goes out to both of you!

Offline Nancy

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:12 AM »
Oh, Kidless, I am so sorry for your loss. Unless you've been there, I'm sure you can't possibly know. We have a set of twins in our family, and one of them has been given a very short life expectancy. That's hard enough, but we haven't lost her yet. It's just so hard watching the two together, knowing they may not reach their teen years as the very close set of twins they are.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 06:41:24 AM »
Thanks for your kind thoughts. It is very hard to go through and something that you won't ever get over but you do keep going on because you know they would want you to and although it's not the same, we do have so many good memories and a precious grandson to keep going for.

I'm not sure if Kidless is still with us or not but I'm sure she would appreciate your kind thoughts also.  :tinypinkflowers:

Offline Kidless

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 07:33:23 AM »
Hi Kidless, you are right, it is a parent's worse nightmare. I guess you haven't read any of my other post in this topic as we lost our youngest son back in Feb. of this year and it was and still is very devastating. Getting through all the holidays is and will be really hard. His birthday was on the 23rd, he would have been 44. Sorry to hear about your lost, I know it must have been hard on you and your family. All you can really do is to just keep going forward and getting use to all the adjustments that you seem to have to keep making.
Jeanine.  I'm just catching up here and read your post.  My heart breaks for you.  I know you made it through the holidays and I also know how hard it was.  My son left 4 very small children behind and that makes it even tougher.  I don't think anyone knows what a mother goes through in a situation like this.  I wish I was there to give you a big hug.  I don't think the grief ever goes away but it does get easier to bear with time.  Please know I'm praying and pulling for you to get through the dark times.  :tinypinkflowers:

Offline Joan

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 10:11:44 AM »
This is such a heartbreaking post. Every time I come across it, I can't help but say a silent prayer for you, Kidless. If I squeeze my own kids a little tighter, it's because of this post I keep coming back to. You're a special, special person and I wish you all the good in the world.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 06:29:29 PM »
Thank you Kidless. I didn't realize that your son left 4 small children, that does make it even harder knowing that they won't grow up with their father in their lives. Koen was just 5 and I know some of his memories will fade but we are trying to keep some of them alive for him. No, the grief never goes away, you just try to put it in a special place. Thanks for the hug, here's one for you too. Good to see you back on the board.
 :huggingsmiley:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 06:29:29 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms