Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mimi! Really?  (Read 3843 times)

Offline shayn

Mimi! Really?
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:03:54 AM »
My grandkids call their other grandmother, Mimi. I think it's a bit odd but who am I to complain. I asked my daughter why they call her Mimi and she said that is what her mother-in-law wants them to call her. I guess to each their own.

I have heard of a lot of names for grandparents but Mimi is not one that I have heard of often. They call their grandfather, grandpa. They call my hubby gramps or grandpa.

What do your grandkids call you?

Empty Nest Moms

Mimi! Really?
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:03:54 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Mimi! Really?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
Well we are "Nana" and "Poppa". But my sisters grandkids all call her Mimi and call her hubby Poppie. Our grandson calls her Aunt Mimi because her name is Linda but he already has an aunt Linda on his mama's side. It helps with the confusion. :) I'm not sure where "Mimi" comes from but I have heard of others being called that.

Offline dananodler

• Dana
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 12:29:40 PM »
I know a couple of ladies that are called Mimi - On some of my FB posts with younger girls, they often take pictures with themselves and their young daughters and the caption reads:
My Mini me.  Guess the grandmother is another level of Mini me.

My daughter is 9 weeks along and our 1st grandchild, we are going to stick with what we all called our grandparents Mamaw and Papaw.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 12:29:40 PM »

Offline DifferentLife

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
I don't have any grand kids as of yet, but I remember I used to call my grandma Gra-Gra for years. I haven't heard of Mimi before, but I also haven't heard of anyone else calling their grandparents Gra-Gra.

Offline dananodler

• Dana
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
Differentt Life - Isn't it funny all the different grandparent names that people pick or choose to be called? I've heard of Nana, Nannie, Mimi, Grammy, Grandma, Oma......Mamaw, Nonnie, and I'm sure others here can fill us in on more..... :smileyholdingflower: :smileyholdingflower:

Offline shayn

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »
It is really funny how many different names there are for grandparents. I guess I shouldn't worry right? I mean it's not like my grandkids are calling them by their real names (first names). I have seen this too and it irritates me to no end. My cousin calls my dad Dave - not Uncle Dave. I think that is just disrespectful.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »

Offline FreeBird

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 06:55:36 PM »
I have a friend whose grandkids call her and her husband Mimi and Poppi as well Jeanine. I don't think that it is that out of place. I see it more often when there are more than 2 pairs of grandparents though.

Offline Allie

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »
As your grandchildren grow you will find that their names for you will probably grow with them, my grandparents were mamaw and papaw that grew into grandma and grandpa.  When I became a young adult they transitioned into Grinny and Gramps and that stuck for the rest of their lives.

Offline dananodler

• Dana
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »
That didn't happen with us, it was always Mamaw & Papaw. I don't want to be Grandma and Grandpa, sounds to old to me. Curious, why would their names change with your age?

Offline Laura21

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »
I like the old fashioned Grandma and Grandpa. I have noticed that in some parts of the country, the common names are Grandmom and Grandpop. Having said that, I have friends whose grandkids call the Bitsy and Mamby. I haven't heard of Mimi, but I have heard of Meemaw. I'm not even sure how you spell it. I say whatever floats your boat!

Offline dananodler

• Dana
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 10:30:14 PM »
Laura21 - Yep, everybody has their own kind of grandparents names these days. It used to be the only grandparents that were called by very different names were from foreign countries. Oma, Duch/German. . . . . :(

Offline livinglife

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 11:56:45 AM »
Mimi is very popular around us.

Offline mimito5

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »
I'm a Mimi, too, and I know a lot of people who are, so it's very common where I am from. I didn't name myself though. It just sort of happened that my oldest granddaughter came up with this when she began to talk, and so that's who I am to all five grandchildren. My husband is Bubba.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms